Flinders University Physiotherapy Services
Student Physiotherapy Service
The service has been developed in collaboration with the Flinders University Master of Physiotherapy Program. Staffed by final year students and supervised by senior Physiotherapy educators from the University, the service provides comprehensive physiotherapy assessment and management. It’s a wonderful opportunity for staff and the broader community to receive quality Physiotherapy care while providing a valuable opportunity for students to gain clinical experience.
Appointments by attendance are most welcome and our on-line booking service for Physiotherapy is now active. To book an appointment on-line please use the link at the bottom of the page or phone us direct on 08 7221 8700.
Initial attendance based appointments cost $20 and follow-up appointments cost $15 - private health cover is not required. There is a $5 discount for concession card holders and students.
- Comprehensive physiotherapy assessment and management
- Pain and injury management
- Postural assessment and postural pain management
- Sports analysis, risk identification and injury management
- Post-operative, orthopaedic management
- Exercise advice, prescription, monitoring and progression
Strength for Life (COTA)
Flinders University Health2Go Strength for Life.
Flinders University has partnered with COTA SA (Council on the Ageing) to offer the Strength for Life Program through the Health2GO Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology student clinics.
What is Strength for Life?
Strength for Life is an individualised strength and balance exercise program designed to help people aged 50+ to get fit, stay strong and improve their balance.
Staying fit and active will improve your:
- cardiovascular fitness
- muscle strength
How does strength for life work?
The Strength for Life program is delivered across two tiers, designed to accommodate participants with a range of needs. Participants can enrol in Strength for Life, or they can be referred by their GP.
Strength for Life instructors will:
- conduct an assessment to confirm the applicant’s suitability
- develop a tailored exercise plan for the individual
- invite them to attend their first Strength for Life session.
How much will it cost?
- The initial assessment: $25
- Ongoing exercise sessions: $10